What a wonderful holiday!! My children I think had the best ever. Mirenda was so excited, she woke up at 2:30!! Yea, AM!! We had to convince her to go to sleep and if any of you know me well enough, you know that my bed, is MY BED. John got her to go to sleep in MY BED, which is taboo here. John slept in her bed, needless to say he was not happy. Gavin woke up at 6:45am, and just bolted downstairs all alone!!!!!! I was like NO NO NO NO please wait. I need my camera, ah Mirenda isn't even up yet, then of course we were all downstairs. Approx. 2 minutes later, there was wrapping paper flying and all kinds of Wow's, Look, & Oh My's. My father and sister got here just a little after 7 and the presents were already opened!! So we had some nice hot coffee and John made us breakfast. That was round 1. Next, dad and Marja left and mom, Mama, Cecil, Juliane, Alexis, and Ma showed up for breakfast, so John got right to it and made a fabulous breakfast for everyone. Western scrammbled eggs, french toast, pancakes, berries, pears, you name it we had it. That was round 2. I forgot to mention, my head was killing me! And I mean killing me. I had to get ready for dinner. Buffet style of course. So I quickly break out the crockpots, and turn those bad boys on. Next, try to organize, and just be ready. I need a shower, and so my headache will maybe go away, I have already had tylenol at 7 and motrin at 11. Nothing is working. Well, I got a shower and massaged my shoulders. Felt good, but no releif yet. A little maybe. John to the rescue. I ran downstairs partcially ready and he handed me a bloody mary. Guess what! It worked. Just in time!! That was round 3. Now the whole crew was to be at my house at 1. They came at 2 so, all my warm horsedeovers were cold, and it was kinda annoying. No biggie. Aunt Anelle, Uncle Johnny got there at like 1:30, this was perfect. We had a little time with them before the rest arrived. So, like I said 2 o'clock the whole crew is here, music playing, kisses, hugs and just happiness filled my house (i love this stuff) The dinner was ready, and the cold apps were almost finished. Everyone helped themselves to dinner, and as soon as that was done I put out the deserts. That was round 4. NOW FOR THE GRAND FINALE! After some sweets and hot coffee, we decide to all play "Chicken Foot" This is a game played with Domino's and let me tell you I don't really like a lot of games, this one is great!! Everyone paired up and made team names (hilarious) the best name would be either my grandmother Mama and Cecil as Chicken Shit and my father as Jackass. Too much. This game got louder and louder to the point where the children asked us several times to lower our voices. I took this moment to clean up the kitchen and just look at everyone having so much fun. Marge helped me clean (thank you) and we just kept laughing at them. Now, the game is over and I don't even know who won. All I know is Mama did a Chicken dance that killed me. OH yea, my father started the additon on my house, so there is lot going on still!! The video is Gavin at his school show, notice the sweater he stretched so much, I had to reshrink!! Stay tuned!!
Monday, December 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment