Friday, February 8, 2008

Trying to Catch up

So really the major stuff going on here, of course is the house. Last week I almost lost it. It is a constant battle to get in and out of my garage and driveway, it is really not fun. I don't care where these workers park, just let me be able to get in and out of the garage. I made signs, I asked nicely, thankfully "mr bill" is always respectful and makes them move. If this is the worst I have to deal with, I"LL TAKE IT!!

Look at this place. As I type they are installing the fireplace! Some windows are in, the french doors are in, the boxed window (that's a window with a seat) is in. It's pretty amazing as I always say. They had to put temporary stairs in for inspection. So, they are kinda ugly. The inspector will not climb a ladder! (come on, if I can climb a ladder, why can't he?) But when I think about it, when I was growing up, my father always had us go up and down ladders. The life as a builders daughter, I actually do know more than I thought. At that young age you just absorb stuff, it's true!!

Last night my father gave his testmony at church. He stood in front of a PACKED church and spoke about his life, and how he is doing "God's Work" It was sooooo great I didn't want it to end. He showed a video of "Hurricane Katrina" The video makes me cry everytime, its about all of these people being so thankful for the little things and thanking the volunteers for leaving everything at home to come and help them. But, just thinking of how my dad feels a void when he is not helping someone. Is that beautiful or what? He is truely a servant of the Lord. Any of you who know him, you know what I am talking about. I look up to him so much.

We've had a lot going on and church last night really was great. Love it!!!!

Here are some more pictures of the house. Oh yea, Monte is losing it, he is just out of control. I have resorted to droping him off at the groomers, she so kindly said she'd keep him when things were a little much for him here. He bit my babysitter, he didn't get skin, he ripped her shirt. I don't know what to do with him. I must say sitting here without his constant whimpering, barking, and pacing all over the house, drooling and every now and then having a complete fit, is pretty nice. Poor dog, he's mentally disabled, I am conviced. He'll be 9 years old soon!!! When will he calm down? I think never.

No comments: