Oh, I am such the slacker. I apologize. I'll try to catch up here. Lets see, since my last entry in April, Mirenda had her 6th birthday, yea 6. I cannot even believe it. She is a very sweet little thing, except when it comes to her brother. I guess this is normal, but I wouldn't know I only had my sister. (she's kinda like a brother, huh). Anyway, school has ended on such a sad note. I can't even type it. Just keep Mrs. Horan's family in your prayers, PLEASE.
Thankful that I am able to spend all of this summer with my kiddies I'm trying to make it a busy one so, Swimming lessons with Trish will take up a little bit of time for Mirenda, then surf lessons for both, then a camp down the street and of course VBS. Today was the first day of summer vacation. It was quiet the lazy morning. We woke up late, kind of, Gavin tried to get up at 6:30, but I made him go back to sleep. Then around 7:30 John calls from work to see what we are all up to, (I think he forgot we didn't have to be up) I laid in bed until 8, Gavin and I went downstairs for breppissed (that would be how Gavin pronounces breakfast) My mother in law was here, so she slept until 10 and Mirenda was up just before her. I enjoyed my coffee and bagel. Then once Cass and Mirenda were up I went for a nice run.
I mean seriously, this is soooooo fun. Hope tomorrow is the same, although John will be home and that changes everything.
We filled the day with more fun stuff, Kmart, Applebees, followed by a long doctor appointment for me, (I'm fine, just a check up)
Now, I am sitting here thinking of what to do to keep these two's minds working. I just printed out about a thousand worksheets for them to do, maybe it will help who knows.
It's not always easy to see what we have. Today I am so thankful for so much. Many times, we think we are going thru hard times and things are just so horrible and annoying. Sometimes we forget to stop and look around at all we have. Most times right before our very eyes is the Lords most precious gift and we don't even see it, for we are too busy feeling sorry for ourselves or worrying about something you are wasting your time on. I am so blessed. I demand to stop and enjoy each gift, to feel the love in my children's hugs, take all the annoying fights and be grateful I am here. I'm here, and I'm here for a reason. I know there is a new angel in heaven today and my how she will be missed. Her children will feel her somehow, I know they will.
How I got off on that I dont' know. But, I did, and I'm glad. Anyone who reads this God Bless you, go kiss your kids and husband, even if they are sleeping.

No comments:
Post a Comment