Mirenda came home from school yesterday, her normal tired self. But John and I both noticed she kept scratching her head. I, of course (the paranoid, germaphobe) threw her in the tub and scrubbed this child's head as if it had never been washed, a good 3 shampoo's later, she said it still was a little itchy. I dried it and brushed it a million times. There were no bugs or anything like that. Her scalp was red but I figured it was from me scrubbing her head so hard. Next I noticed some bumps on her neck. She complained that her leg was itchy. Long story short, she broke out in hives!! Yup! Hives! From what? No idea. All I can think is the antibiotics she has been on for the last week. So, I gave her some benadryl and sent her to bed. She woke up this morning covered!!! mmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm, we had an appointment for a follow up visit, so it was just as well we go. We go there yadda, yadda, yadda, it is most likely from the antibiotics and the hives will get worse before they get better. Aaaahhhh lovely. So here is this little thing now breaking out in hives on her face, arms, they are getting worse by the minute. Will this slow us down? Absolutely not!!
I have to get an oil change in the car (I'm going up to Marja's tomorrow for a wedding)(long story), I have get the car washed and geeeezzz, the hives are even worse. So ok, I'll stop a CVS. Got some benadryl and give it to her while we are out. So, I get the generic brand, (we were out, I had a whole bottle at home) YEA NOT MEASURING CUP!!!! YEA! So I take the kids to Friendly's and look the total trashy mom giving my daughter who is covered in hives the bottle of benedryl and tell her to take a little swig. Yup, ya gotta do it sometimes, I guess, and yes I am aware that I could have gotten a teaspoon from the friendly staff but guess what, it was impossible. I'm not done yet.
Of to Babies r us. I have not been here for years, I of course am looking at the car seats. I find the one I was looking for and I am waiting for my mom to come meet me. Mom calls and says, I didn't leave yet. She got stuck at home. Meanwhile, Mirenda is tired from the benedryl, maybe she drank too much of it? Anyway she is laying in the shopping cart all tired and full of red bumps. Finally, mom comes thru and buys us the new car seats, READ THE LAST BLOG, you'll understand why.
So, we are now home, I threw Mirenda in an oatmeal bath, she is laying down, God know's what Gavin is up to, all I want to do is install the new car seats. And it's "pizza night" John is hanging with his brother, father, and friend at a bar somewhere, my dad is out of town, my grandmother had catarac surgery yesterday, so my aunt will be joining us for pizza. I want to finish the laundry before I leave tomorrow and make sure the house is presentable for pizza tonight and I have to but those car seats in.
I'm off to grab a cocktail of some kind...................
Friday, October 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment