Sunday, September 30, 2007

Over the Summer




So when I was at Gavin's school they asked, what we did over the summer. I thought I should add this to the blog. Lets see, we did lots of fun stuff. We went to the Bronx Zoo with Marja and Brian. We had a great time. The rest of the time we went to the beach and my parent's pool just to enjoy the sun and water. Mirenda did learn how to swim all by herself. I hope she remembers next summer.

We had a big party for Ma. Lynn and I did a lot of prep work. Lynn being in Nebraska and I here. We talked a lot, we like to anyway. I was so excited for this party. My whole family came!! There were NO no-shows!! That is amazing, especially since it was 100 degrees out!! Seriously 100 degrees!! Anyone that was there will tell you. We had everything set up nice, we did pictures, Ma even sang with her sister, my Mama, Auntie Frances, Irene Rella it was soooooo cute. The scene was set with sunflowers & gladiolas (yellow and peach theme) on the tables along with beautifully printed menus, a big white tent, jazz music, a bar and just the most wonderful people ever!! It was a complete success, my grandmother was so happy and so was I.




Jay, Lynn, and Zander flew in to Philadelphia, and we got to spend some quality time with them before the festivities started. Lynn and I have a special bond, and we did not plan it, how could we? Those who do not know Lynn and I had our little boys on the same day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are the chances? Lynn was not due until Sept. I was scheduled C-section and went into labor a day early. So it is strange but that is our crazy connection.




I love to fill my home with family and friends. When I get the chance to host a party, I jump at it. I love to sit back and take in the whole scene. To see everyone smiling and laughing just fills my heart. The children are the ones who really get me, they are so carefree and I feel like at gatherings such as these, we all kind of feel like kids!!! To be yourself and to be with family, what is better than that? I've been passed the Christmas torch. My mom told me it was my turn to start having holidays. Some would see this as a punishment, I see it as an honor. I start planning for Christmas just like everyone else, right after Thanksgiving. Last year I had 3 big Christmas parties here, I loved every one of them.




So feel free to add what you did over the summer.



Tomorrow is Gavin's first day of school and I'll be able to see my parents today. I missed them.

No comments: